In Defense of Ruby Tuesday's BBQ Ribs

Monday, June 21, 2010

This is big - normally I would never rave over any kind of American chain restaurant. Never. However, I've finally found an exception: Ruby Tuesday has an incredibly tasty savory rack of ribs. Smothered in BBQ sauce, which happens to be one of my favorite flavors, and probably most favorite dipping sauce, they're insanely addicting. Don't get me wrong - I'm sure there are other, fancier places that claim their ribs consist of "organic grass fed beef" or whatever other sustainable, organic, all-natural marketing terms some restaurants are slapping onto their menus these days, but I'm perfectly happy with Ruby Tuesday's offering. Instead of focusing on the farm-to-table trend, Ruby Tuesday focuses on the sheer deliciousness of their ribs, and I have to say I'm perfectly okay with that.

On the menu, the ribs are described as "Fork tender ribs...slow-cooked for hours...to fall off the bone tender..." Who knows for sure how long the ribs are cooked (does it really take hours?) but the description is true - the meat really does fall right off the bone, you don't need a knife to eat these. And better yet, the ribs are served with a baked potato, emphasizing the savory combination of meat and potatoes. The ribs also come with a side of brocolli, but it's usually overcooked, spongey and limp. But no worry, failed broccoli is a small price to pay for deliciously tender meat.

I like to combine the flavor of the tangy, slightly spicy BBQ sauce with everything on my plate. For those who claim that BBQ sauce drowns out the flavor of the food it covers, I say who cares? In my opinion, it's the BBQ sauce that makes the meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP