Pitango's Mojito Sorbet

Friday, June 18, 2010


Fell's has a find for gelato and sorbet fans - Pitango Gelato on S. Broadway. This place features gelatos and sorbets made with fresh, often organic ingredients. For a sweltering hot day, no questions asked, order the mojito sorbet. It is one of the most refreshing sensations I have ever experienced. And how creative it is too - you'll notice the minty green specks spread throughout the lighly sugared base. The sorbet's cool, minty flavor was so memorable, I had to come back for more.

Afterwards, I took my sorbet out to the pier towards the water and enjoyed a view of the Dominoe Sugar factory and the Baltimore harbor. The breeze from the water and the mojito flavors made me wish I was on a tropical Carribean beach.

For those who want more than sorbet, Pitango's features an impressive gelato menu as well, inlcuding Gianduja (chocolate hazelnut), Crema (Italian custard) and Spicy Chocolate (made with hot peppers). Check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP