Mr. Yoagato in Fells

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm getting the impression that frozen yogurt shops are a growing trend in the restaurant world these days. Apparently the cold treat has become popular due to rising need for indulgences that are healthy - for example, frozen yogurt is now advertised as containing probiotics, which are "live mircroorganisms, which administered at a certain amount contain health benefits" (haha, thanks wikipedia). Sounds a bit gross, in my opinion, ingesting live microorganisms?

Anyway, while enjoying my lunch outside today in Fells, I had the idea to try out Mr. Yogato, the frozen yogurt shop I've been hearing all about lately. After reading about the vibrant interior of the place in multiple reviews, i have to say that he space was a bit large for a yogurt shop. I felt a bit awkward being the only customer inside.

I ordered the "creamy" yogurt, which has a taste resembling vanilla. I chose to top it off with fresh raspberries and blackberries. I was impressed with the lightly sugared taste of the yogurt itself, it was not at all too sweet but just right. However, I was a little irked by the uneveness of it, there seemed to be little ice chunks in it. However the raspberries and blackberries were a delicious, soaking up the creamy base.

Mr. Yoagto has a large menu of frozen yogurt flavor, usually offering about 4 different ones each day (2 of them being the original and the vanilla). There's even a mojito flavor I saw on the website, and I am curious to know how it fares against Pitango's version. You can also add in multiple kinds of toppings, healthy and unhealthy, like oreos, m&ms, granola, and fruit.

I'll probably go back, because unlike most ice cream places, I finished my yogurt not feeling sick or overly full. The fruit was a brilliant addition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP