Otterbein's Cookies

Monday, July 12, 2010

My affinity for the cookie is a longterm relationship. I can't remember the last time I ever turned one down. My standards are high, especially for the chocolate chip cookie. I usually like my chocolate chip cookies thick, chewy in the middle but cripsy on the edges, threaded with chunks of high quality chocolate chips. I'm always looking for the best, and when I read about Otterbein's repuation for having the tastiest cookies in Baltimore, I had to try them. The Baltimore based bakery, in business since the late 1800s, was originally known for its homemade, thin but flavorful sugar cookies. The original owner, Adam Otterbein, came to Baltimore from Germany, and the business has remained in his family since.

At first, I was skeptical of the thin, almost frail looking cookies. I don't usually like cookies that are too hard or crunchy. So I took my first bite with little expectations. How I was wrong though - instantly the flavor permeated my mouth, the richness of the chocolate chips mixing with the subtley sweet flavor of the crunchy cookie. I had to say I almost prefered them to the gigantic fat cookies I had always flocked to. These were so light, and didn't leave me feeling ill afterwards. Can't wait to buy more, and what's better than supporting your local Baltimorean bakery? You can find Otterbein's cookies at most grocery stores such as Eddie's or Superfresh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP